This is part two of a series of posts: click here for the first post. The purpose of this particular post is to give a more in-depth look at the particulars when porting .NET code to a non-Windows operating system: in this case Raspbian. This will also cover preparing an environment for debugging the solution … Continue reading Windows CE to Raspbian – Pt. 2: Preparation
Just a quick fix for a few issues: Fixed an issue where the collision manager can sometimes cause an unhandled exception. Fixed an issue where the settings page was not saving/loading the settings. Added music/effects volume controls for the settings page.
The purpose of this series of posts is to give an overview of my experiences deploying code to multiple platforms, in this case specifically taking a set of services written for Windows CE and make them cross-platform as a set of daemons for Raspbian. This post focuses on the difference between Windows CE and Raspbian … Continue reading Windows CE to Raspbian – Pt. 1: Introduction & Differences
Quick update to fix issues with the UI culture when saving/loading.
As a prelude to an upcoming series of posts about porting from Windows CE to Raspbian; here's a program that tells you the filepaths for all the special folders available on the current system. Special folders in .NET/Mono are abstract folders that exist within the Windows architecture. They're abstract folders because their paths may vary depending on the user running … Continue reading .NET/Mono Environment: Special Folders
It's been a while since I participated in a game jam and with Space Salvager out on Steam now I figured I'd give GGJ2015 a go and get back into rapid prototyping. Having planned this all out I completely forgot I was supposed to run my live-action roleplaying group's AGM this Saturday. Luckily for me … Continue reading Global Game Jam 2015
This is just a summary update for all the patches in 1.4.3. There's been a lot going on since Space Salvager came out on Steam last November, lots of fixes and improvements that people have been asking for. There's a few more improvements coming for the following weeks and I aim to keep everyone updated … Continue reading Space Salvager – 1.4.3 Updates Pt. 5
Last few weeks I've been rather busy looking into various things, most interesting of which is continuing my development of moving Windows based .NET code to Linux. This release though incorporates the new control mapping menu and two fixes that have cropped up recently. Also, Linux. 188.8.131.52 09/01/2015 (Upcoming) Added controls map menu for keyboard/mouse … Continue reading Space Salvager – 1.4.3 Updates Pt. 4
Some changes have been moved to the next release, slated for next Friday, with a fix for equipment size on looting being added for this release and a tweak to the tractor beams to help cargo ships dock easier. This patch is currently on the test branch for Steam, so if you can see that … Continue reading Space Salvager – 1.4.3 Updates Pt. 3
184.108.40.206 03/12/2014 Fixed data not loading correctly for weapons and ships for cultures which use a comma for a decimal point (e.g. Netherlands nl-NL) 220.127.116.11 05/12/2014 (Estimated) Re-introduce options menus for graphics/sound Change navigation bars to respond when in sub-menus Add key map to player menu Add more effective tutorial Fix space station background render … Continue reading Space Salvager – 1.4.3 Updates Pt. 2